0
Why Manny in the PBA is symbolic of what's wrong with our country

In this Oct. 19, 2014 photo released by Team Pacquiao, Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, the playing-coach of KIA …


So the National Fist is now a player in the country's top hoops league. Some might celebrate it, but not me. In my humble opinion, Manny Pacquiao as professional hoops player is a bad idea, and a reflection of the twisted mindset that pervades our society.

Of course, I am a Manny Pacquiao fan, just like most Filipinos. As a boxer, his title-winning odyssey through eight different weight classes was enthralling, and makes all Filipinos justifiably proud.

There is another thing about Pacquiao that I appreciate. He is one of the only people in the country holding professional pool tournaments with big purses. Just last month he held a singles 10 ball event followed by a doubles tournament, in General Santos City that attracted the best players in the world. Another one will take place in December.

I tip my hat to Pacquiao for helping out a sport that is in the doldrums. He should continue this work.

But joining Kia in the PBA? I think he should have never made this move, but sadly, it's indicative of the warped priorities and mentality prevalent in Philippine culture. Let me enumerate the reasons why Manny shouldn't be lacing it up in the PBA and why it's sadly reflective of the flaws in our society.
Read More

Source: https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/thepassionatefan/why-manny-in-the-pba-is-symbolic-of-what-s-wrong-with-our-country-052337453.html

Mag-post ng isang Komento Blogger

 
Top